WEIMARANER DOG BREED FACTS
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Size: All are mid-sized to large.
- Height: 25 – 27 inches (male)
23 – 25 inches (female)
- Weight 55 – 90 pounds (male and female)
- Color: Mouse Gray Weimaraner
Silver Gray Weimaraner
- Exercise Needs: Demanding
- Grooming Demands: Minimal
- Life Expectancy: 10 -13 years
- Good With Children: Best with older, well behaved children.
- Ease of Training: Easy
- AKC Breed Group: Hunting
All About Weimaraner Dogs and Puppies
To the untrained eye, the Weimaraner is wrapped in silvery velvet. His lustrous coat and dignified expression hint at his noble lineage. The Weimaraner is a recent breed from strictly guarded German stock. He was bred for a life of undiluted comfort, both while working as a hunter dog and while relaxing in the comfort of his owner’s home.
Since his arrival in North America in the early 1900’s the Weimaraner has made a name for himself as an affectionate and energetic breed. His popularity as a companion dog continues to grow in North America and throughout Europe.