Common Dog Health Problems
There are a number of common dog health problems which can cause owners a great deal of worry. Fortunately, many of these issues have simple remedies, and are not cause for alarm. On the other hand (or should we say “paw”), there are some common dog health issues that are more serious, and should be investigated by your veterinarian.
In this section of our dog health site, we explore common dog health conditions, their signs, symptoms and treatment. This information should help you to better understand your dog’s health, but should not be considered as veterinary advice. Only a qualified veterinarian can diagnose and treat dog health problems.
- Diarrhea in dogs is a common health complaint. Although worrisome, dog diarrhea is often caused by changes in diet, and resolves very quickly once your dog is given a steady, nutritious diet. We offer information that can help you determine if your dog’s diarrhea is a simple case of upset tummy from food changes – or something more serious that your vet needs to attend to.
- Dog allergies are very common. Like humans, dogs can have sensitivities to food, products and their environment. They can have allergies to grass, pollen, laundry detergent and other substances – just like us.
- Fleas and Ticks in dogs. An ages-old problem, fleas can make your dog’s life miserable. Not only that, once a dog is infested with fleas, your entire home can become a veritable flea circus.
- Ticks can pose a serious health concern to your dog. Learn all about dog fleas and ticks, and how to prevent them and keep your dog safe.
- Dog worms are very common. Learn all about the different parasites that can live and thrive in your dog’s digestive system, and what you must do to prevent and treat dog worms.
- Arthritis affects most dogs as they age; some breeds of dog more than others. Learn about arthritis in dogs, and how you can help your dog stay happy, comfortable and active well into their senior years.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.